Every school year sees retirements – that’s just the nature of life. But this year, the EG school district said goodbye to 12 staff members, many of them longtime veterans of the district, including classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, a secretary, a guidance counselor, and a custodian. These are faces synonymous with the schools where they worked.
From Renee Hadfield’s irrepressible enthusiasm at Eldredge to Barbara McCowan’s warm and welcoming help in the EGHS guidance department to the always friendly greetings from custodian David Isibel at Cole Middle School, and to all the others who left their mark for the better on East Greenwich schools, thank you.
Here are the retirees (find a link HERE to slides about each of them):
- Maureen Kowall, Teacher, Frenchtown
- Judy Cavanaugh, Teacher, Frenchtown
- Ilene Hoffman, Paraprofessional, Frenchtown
- Eileen Lyons, Paraprofessional, Frenchtown
- Renee Hadfield, Teacher, Eldredge
- Tressa Johnson, Teacher, Eldredge
- Barbara McCowan, Secretary, EGHS
- Lyn Hostetler, Guidance Counselor, EGHS
- Joanne Macaruso, Paraprofessional, Hanaford
- Joann Mallozzi, Teacher, Cole
- David Isibel, Custodian-Cole
- Helen DePasquale, Teacher, Meadowbrook
Become a part of a movement – join the EG News community by making a donation today! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to keeping East Greenwich informed. Use the Donate button below or send a check to EG News, 18 Prospect St., E.G., RI 02818. And, thanks!
My children had most of the teachers listed here in Frenchtown/Eldredge group and Cole. Congrats on their well deserved retirement. Congrats to Dave Isabel – who was always a bright smile at Cole.
Thank you all for your dedicated contributions to our outstanding EG Students, very best wishes going forward in your well deserved futures 👀🙌🇺🇸