EG News Comments Policy
East Greenwich News values free speech and the protection of civil, productive, fact-driven dialogue. If you cannot abide by the rules outlined below, we reserve the right to edit comments or not publish them.
When commenting, please respect and abide by our house rules:
- Use a valid email address.
- Comments may be edited or abbreviated.
- Do not include product pitches, profanity, personal or ad hominem attacks. Do not post advertisements or solicitations for funds, goods, or services. EG News is a public forum, but not your personal soapbox; we reserve the right to edit individual comments and to cut off comments on a particular post if needed.
- Keep it clean and civil – EG News is a local community forum. Do not defame, threaten, abuse or invade the privacy of other readers or the subjects of stories. No racism, sexism or any other sort of -ism that degrades another person will be tolerated.
- Keep it peaceful, truthful and legal – comments that include any threats, threats of violence, or incite violence in any form, will not be approved. Lies, impersonation of another individual or comments that advocate illegal activity will not be approved.
- Share your knowledge – give us your eyewitness accounts, background and observations. If you see a factual error in a story or think there are issues EG News should follow up on, please email us ([email protected]). EG News does not permit links in comments.
- Repeat rules violators may be permanently banned from commenting.