East Greenwich News welcomes opinion pieces (formerly known as op/eds) and letters to the editor. Here are some guidelines to consider when writing:
- Opinion submissions should be kept under 1,000 words; letters to the editor should be 300 words or less.
- Submission is not a guarantee of publication.
- EG News reserves the right to edit submissions for readability, length and accuracy.
- If major editing is required, we will work with the author to try to arrive at mutually agreed upon changes.
- Refrain from personal attacks; they will be edited out.
- Citations to studies or research papers are not allowed; writers may include a mention or link to an organization where readers could find such studies or papers.
- Include a two-sentence max bio.
- EG News will contact you upon receipt of your article within one day to confirm receipt and will contact you a second time within one week to confirm publication status. If you have not heard back from us within these timeframes, please contact us.
- Send your article to editor@eastgreenwichnews, and put Opinion or LTE in the subject line along with the topic.