The first day of school is Wednesday. To help make the start a smooth one, we’ve compiled information general and school specific.
- The first day of school is Aug. 27, so the school year starts with a three-day week, then students have two four-day weeks (because of Labor Day, Sept. 1, and Primary Day, Sept. 9). The first full week of school isn’t until Sept. 15-19. For a look at the full 2014-15 calendar, click here.
- Bus Schedules: Wondering what time your child’s bus comes, or even where the bus stop is? Here’s a link to the bus schedules.
- Food service: The breakfast and lunch menus for August and September are available here. All students are assigned a “Lunch Pin #” by Aramark, the food service provider for the district. You will find information on that, on the prepay program, on meal prices, as well as the free and reduced price breakfast and lunch programs in the letter from the EG Aramark here.
- Longer school day: The school day is 20 minutes longer this year for elementary school students.
At Frenchtown and Eldredge, that means the school day now begins at 8:20 a.m. and ends at 2:40 p.m. Morning kindergarten goes from 8:20 to 11:10 a.m.; afternoon kindergarten goes from 11:50 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. Playground supervision begins at 8:10 a.m.
At Meadowbrook Farms and Hanaford, the school day starts at 9:05 a.m. and ends at 3:25 p.m. Morning kindergarten goes from 9:05 to 11:55 a.m.; afternoon kindergarten goes from 12:35 to 3:25 p.m. Playground supervision begins at 8:55 a.m.
- Specific info (supply lists, etc.) for Meadowbrook Farms can be found here.
- Specific info for Hanaford can be found here.
- Specific info for Eldredge can be found here.
- Specific info for Frenchtown can be found here.
Cole Middle School
- Cole’s start and end times are the same of the high school’s this year, a slight change from last year: school starts at 7:33 a.m. and ends at 1:58 p.m.
- The school supply list for Cole can be found here.
East Greenwich High School
- School starts at 7:33 a.m. and ends at 1:58 p.m. every day but Wednesday. On Wednesdays, school begins at 8:05 a.m. EXCEPT for the first day of school, Aug. 27, when school will begin at 7:33 a.m. On that first day, students will meet all scheduled classes periods (Advisory, followed by periods 1-7).
- Chromebooks: Every EGHS student will receive a Chromebook this year (an Acer C720 touchscreen), along with a district-issued gmail account (@student.EGSD.net), and the Google Apps for Education (GAFE) suite. Distribution will take place within the first couple of weeks of school, according to school officials.
- Schedule for 1st Day of School 8/27– We will NOT have a normalWednesday start time of 8:05 AM. School will begin promptly at 7:33 AM and conclude at 1:58 PM. Students will meet all scheduled classes periods (Advisory, followed by 1-7). For those interested in the specific time schedule, it has been posted on the school’s blog “EGHSSuccess“
- New Student Orientation takes place Monday, Aug. 25, at 6 p.m. There’s also a video tour of the school – find Part 1 (entrance and 2nd floor) here and Part 2 (1st floor) here.