Election Day 2014 is finally here. East Greenwich News has gathered together everything you need to know in one place. All you need to do now is get out there and VOTE!
East Greenwich is divided into five precincts. If you are unsure what precinct you’re in, go to the Rhode Island Secretary of State’s website (www.sos.ri.gov/vic) or call the EG Board of Canvassers at (401) 886-8603. Poll workers will ask you to show a current and valid photo ID when you vote at your polling place.
- Precinct 0901 East Greenwich High School, 300 Avenger Drive
- Precinct 0902 Hanaford Elementary, 200 Middle Road
- Precinct 0903 Swift Community Center, 121 Peirce Street
- Precinct 0904 Archie Cole Middle School, 100 Cedar Avenue
- Precinct 0905 Frenchtown School, 1100 Frenchtown Road
On the ballot, voters will be asked to decide between two candidates for state Sen. Dist. 35, choose up to five candidates for Town Council and up to four candidates for School Committee.
- To watch a debate between Sen. Dist. 35 candidates James Callaghan and Mark Gee, click here.
- To find out about candidates running for Town Council, click here.
- To find out about candidates running for School Committee, click here.
Local Ballot Questions:
In addition to seven statewide ballot questions, voters will also be asked to decide four local questions.
- To find out more about Question 8, on eliminating the Financial Town Meeting, click here.
- To find out more about Questions 9 and 10, on charter additions and revisions, click here.
- To find out more about Question 11, on the $2 million road bond, click here.
Want to talk about who you voted for and why? Or about your voting experience? Let us know – email [email protected].
And, if you like what you’re reading, consider supporting East Greenwich News by clicking here.