The Class of 2015 for the East Greenwich High School Wall of Honor will be feted in a ceremony to be held at the high school on Wednesday evening, April 15, at 6 p.m. Five graduates will be inducted that night, including
- Fred I. Brown, Class of 1894, from East Greenwich Academy, who was instrumental in making Bostitch a giant in the corporate world.
- Otto Olson, East Greenwich Academy Class of 1941, who headed up Old Colony Bank locally and served in many town offices.
- Priscilla Adams Rigg, East Greenwich High School Class of 1947, who achieved fame as an organist and choir director at St. Luke’s Church.
- Suzanne Owren Carcieri, EGHS Class of 1960, former First Lady of State of Rhode Island, who implemented several new programs statewide while in that position.
- Debra Sylvia McMullen, Class of 1983, East Greenwich HS, one of the most successful coaches in East Greenwich High athletic history.
Also, that night, Steve and Christine Bartlett, long-time volunteers in the town of East Greenwich, will be honored with Appreciation Awards.
After the awards ceremony, there will be a libation in the school cafeteria. The East Greenwich HS Wall of Honor is sponsored by Prudential Gammons Realty.
Committee members for the organization are: Bob Houghtaling, chairman; Chris Cobain, EGHS athletic director; Carl I. Hoyer; Janet Johnson Joyce; Robert V. Lallo; and Elaine Mastracchio.
All former inductees of this award are encouraged to attend this evening along with relatives and friends of the honorees and and others who hold interest in small town happenings of this type.