The Main Street Association is looking for a good cause to donate proceeds from its 5th annual Hill & Harbour Turkey Trot this November. For the past four years, MSA has donated the proceeds the EG Animal Protection League, the Interfaith Food Pantry, Bob Houghtaling’s anti-drug programs, and, this past year, the Greenwich Odeum. In 2015, maybe that worthy cause is yours?
Since the first running in 2011, the race has been a huge success and has brought over 1,000 people to East Greenwich the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year’s fully sanctioned and certified 5K race will be held on Nov. 28. The race has become a family tradition for many on Thanksgiving weekend. These festivities include a 5K, 1 Mile Fun Run, a DJ, childrens activities and, of course, yummy snacks.
For more information about the event, visit the website at www.mainstreeteg.org. Here are questions for potential applicants. Email your responses to [email protected]:
- What is the name of your organization?
- Where does your current funding come from?
- How would you use the funds from the Turkey Trot?
- How can you help publicize the race?
- Would representatives from your organization be able to volunteer on Race Day?
- Do you have 501(c)3 tax exempt status? If so, what is your tax id number?
- Please provide your contact information.