King Street Fire Displaces 7

King Street Fire Displaces 7

A gas heater was responsible for a fire at an apartment house at 66 King Street Saturday morning that displaced 7 residents. No one was injured. According to Capt. Tom Mears, the call came in at 8:05 a.m. and firefighters were on the scene within two minutes. That was...

Praise for Public Works Department

Dear Editor, When things go wrong, I, most likely, will be one of the first to complain. On the flip side, however, when things go right I feel it is equally important to make sure that the people doing the right thing be recognized. Just recently I had occasion to...

EGHS Sophomore Dreams Of China

What is your dream? What is the one thing that you have been wishing you could do, for as long as you could remember? For me, it’s to visit another country, not only to experience the culture and language, but more importantly help those who live there. With...

Letter to the Editor: Council Actions Brave

The Town Council meeting last night was filled with opposition. Most attending seemed less disturbed by the revelations underpinning the Town’s runaway spending than by the unseemly disruption to the Town’s facade of comity. Case in point: Councilman...